Monday, September 29, 2014

Meet Our Auxiliares

MEET OUR AUXILIARES!



MELINDA 
Hello, I'm Melinda from the United States! Specifically, I'm from Texas (I spent most of my life in Austin and Houston) but I have also lived in Massachusetts and Chicago. I studied to be a TV reporter in school, but eventually decided I wanted to live abroad and teach English instead. I first taught at a private school in Seoul, South Korea. I moved to Spain in 2011 and have been working as an English teacher here ever since. I also had the opportunity to live and study in Barcelona when I was university and had always dreamt of moving back to Spain. In my free time I like spending time with my friends, reading, traveling and baking things like cakes, cookies and other sweets. The things I miss most from the United States are: my parents and Tex Mex food/Texas barbecue.



SOPHIA 
Where are you from?

I am from Rhode Island, the smallest state in The United States. It is located in the Northeast next to Massachusetts and Connecticut and my home town is about one hour from Boston.

What are your hobbies?

Theatre has always been a huge passion of mine. I've been acting and singing since I was eight years old and I spent some time studying theatre in college. For the past two summers I performed Shakespeare plays in a park near my college with other college and high school students. I've also always loved reading ever since I was a kid. I read every night, on my way to work and, if I really love a book, I will often read it more than once.

What are your favorite foods?

One of my favorite Spanish foods is patatas bravas. However, I think my favorite food is either beef stew or my mom's baked stuffed shells.
Where have you traveled?
I have been lucky enough to travel a lot throughout my life either with family, school groups, or student ambassador programs. Overall I’ve been to Colombia, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, France, Italy, Greece, England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Places on my list this year are Germany, Italy (again), and maybe Morocco.
Why do you like teaching?
I studied teaching in college so I like it because it is what I want to do as a career. Teaching English is really great because I know that I’m teaching a skill that will be useful to my students for the rest of their life no matter where they go or what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment